When the German company Casablanca developed its new Follox system, the aim was to create a product that would meet all contemporary requirements for a system of this kind.
That includes being easy to understand and easy to install!
As is usual with their production (and that of their sister brand, Millelumen), they are beautifully made, using high quality materials, and combine a wide range of options that draw on the latest technological developments.
You can download the catalogue here.
There are two main elements:
- the Follox 1 emits light from one side only (up or down or sideways):
- the Follox 3S emits light from three sides and has elegant integrated slats for cooling:
Materials and finish:
- the metal parts are hand-brushed aluminium with a protective coating as standard. They can also come in any colour on request
- the diffusers are in a Plexiglas that has been specially devleoped so as not to discolour over time.
- 230V LEDs, that do not need a power supply/transformer. They are dimmable: Casablanca continuously updates the list of compatible dimmers
- 24W LEDs (recommended for spaces where there are fast moving tools or objects). These require a transformer, obviously. Various controller options also allow a lot of flexibility, including dimming by DALI and other protocols.
- a wide range of LED options in different wattages, lumen strengths, and kelvin values, plus dedicated warm white, cool white or RGB.
Sizes: both Follox 1 and Follox 3S come in six standard lengths:
Connectors and end pieces mean that you can create runs that are as long as you like:
How they can be mounted:
- surface-mounted, as above
- suspended (see also the image at the top of this post)
- as pendants:
- and on walls:
Plus – the icing on the cake! – GU10 spotlights can be integrated into Follox 1 arrangements:
- there is printed photometric data in the catalogue, on page eight of the PDF version, which is dowloadable here
- zipped LDT and IES files can be downloaded from here.
So you see, it really is the complete system – and from a solid, reliable German company run by nice people.
What more could you want?! Good prices? They have those too — ask us!