Cameron Peters Fine Lighting Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Cameron Peters Fine Lighting Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07063970 and have our registered office at 30 Upper High Street, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3EZ. Our main trading address is 39, East Lockinge, Wantage, Oxfordshire OX12 8QD
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.cameronpeters.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please see our Cookies Policy
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or our subcontractors’ secure servers, either locally or remotely. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or email.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if Cameron Peters Fine Lighting Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the following rights that you can exercise by contacting us at email@example.com
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- to ask us for details of the personal data that we hold on you
- to require us to rectify any errors
- to have your personal data deleted if there is no reason for its continued storage and processing.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the data controller with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office). Further details about you rights under data protection legislation can be found on the ICO's web site by clicking here.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
The emphasis in the data protection legislation is on data relating to individuals. The rules for business-to-business are different. For example:
- marketing emails can be sent to corporate bodies. Individual employees can opt out (so our emails always include this option at their foot)
- marketing can be posted to corporate bodies. Individual employees can opt out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.